US Rejects As “Non-Starter” Putin’s Offer To Renew New START For One Year
Sun, 10/18/2020 – 08:10
On Friday, Russian President Vladimir Putin offered to extend the last nuclear arms control treaty between the US and Russia for one year with no preconditions. The proposal to renew the New START, which will expire in February 2021, was almost immediately shot down by the US.
National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien called Putin’s offer a “non-starter” if Moscow does not agree to freeze its nuclear warheads. O’Brien said the US made a proposal to Moscow to extend the treaty for a year in exchange for Russia and the US to cap all nuclear warheads for that year.
Join our Telegram channels
- All Headlines: t.me/LiquidaryNewsRoom
- Finance Headlines: t.me/LiquidaryFinance
- Liquidary Insiders: t.me/LiquidaryInsiders
- Crypto Headlines: t.me/LiquidaryCrypto
- Politics Headlines: t.me/LiquidaryPolitics
Join our Telegram group ➡️ t.me/Liquidary
Follow us Twitter ➡️ twitter.com/liquidary
Find the full article here